Economic, ecological and social activities in harmony
FUCHS sees sustainability as core element of sound corporate management. The Sustainability Guideline published in 2012 contains standards for responsible business practices and is considered as binding sustainability framework for the Group's global business operations. Based on this, FUCHS is committed to three central sustainability targets, which are operationalized by a comprehensive key performance indicator system and documented in the annual Sustainability Report.
Economic: Our goal is to increase company and shareholder value both reliably and continuously.
Ecological: We strive to protect the precious resources of soil, water and air.
Social: We take over responsibility toward our employees and society.
FUCHS considers economic responsibility to be the adoption of a long-term business orientation with the objective of continuously increasing company value, as well as creating shareholder value. Business activities are therefore based on the following principles:
- FUCHS bases its corporate decisions on realistic, economically sound and long-term objectives
- FUCHS pursues a dividend policy that is geared to providing continually increasing, or at the very least stable, dividend payouts
The central key performance indicator (KPI) for corporate management is the FUCHS Value Added (FVA). As economic profit, the FVA embodies a holistic approach that takes into account both earnings (EBIT) and capital employed. At FUCHS, the development of net operating working capital (NOWC) has a particular influence on the level of capital employed. The main components of NOWC are inventories and trade receivables.
|FUCHS Value Added (FVA) in € million||205||165|
|Earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) in € million||363||313|
|Net operating working capital (NOWC) in € million||606||544|
|Total dividend payout in € million||142||137|
FUCHS has set itself the target of continuously reducing its ecological footprint through targeted product-based and process-based measures.
- FUCHS invests in modern and safe systems and process optimization. This helps reduce energy and water consumption, as well as production waste
- With lubricant products that are optimally matched to their respective applications, FUCHS increases the efficiency of its customers' production process and makes a contribution toward reducing emissions
- FUCHS invests in alternative raw material solutions that support the conservation of the environment and resources
- FUCHS' R&D activities are keenly focused on the development of resource-saving and environmentally-friendly products
With these measures, FUCHS is making a valuable contribution toward reducing its environmental impact and resource consumption, and thereby also contributing to sustainability in the ecological sense.
Targeted transfer of knowledge at all levels in the FUCHS Group and consistent compliance with specified guidelines/directives, as well as continuous measurement of defined KPIs, allow us to critically analyze our commitment.
For FUCHS, social sustainability means assuming responsibility both for its employees and for society at large.
Responsibility for employees: We see our employees as the basis of our success and have permanently anchored this concept in our personnel policy.
- FUCHS is committed to compliance with human rights and labor standards, as well as to promoting health and safety at the workplace
- FUCHS ensures a balanced mix of specialists and all-rounders when filling key positions at the company
- Wherever possible, FUCHS also fills positions that become vacant with experienced employees from within the company
- FUCHS invests in training young people, as well as in the development and promotion of up-and-coming talents
- FUCHS offers its employees support in combining their career with a family
Responsibility for society: We are engaged in various corporate citizenship activities, as we also bear responsibility for our social environment.