Bachelor of Engineering (Degree course: Project Engineering)
What does the study programme include?
Increasing globalisation means that internationally active companies need engineers whohave great social and decision-making competence, good foreign language skills and international know-how in addition to solid technical knowledge and basic business management skills. This course of studies conveys all of this. Basics are contents from mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and business administration as well as the acquisition of competences in project and conflict management and the introduction to modern media and negotiation techniques.
Project engineers not only have specialist knowledge, they also mediate between different disciplines, take on coordination tasks and carry out their own projects. They are employed in small and medium-sized companies as well as in groups of companies from a wide range of industries.
What do the practical phases at FUCHS LUBRITECH involve?
- A 12-week pre-study internship at our cooperation partner Freudenberg in Weinheim
- Applications in production, plant engineering, logistics and testing technology
- Insights into industrial business management processes; for this purpose, assignments in the departments of product management, IT, purchasing, sales, accounting
- Optionally, an assignment abroad for several weeks at a FUCHS subsidiary
How long does the study take?
Where will my studies take place?
The theoretical phases take place at the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Mannheim. The practical part of the training takes place at the headquarters in Kaiserslautern.
What should I bring with me?
- A good to very good university entrance qualification, ideally a technical High School (if you have a technical college entrance qualification, please take a study ability test at the DHBW and submit it with your application)
- Interest in technical and economic connections
- A connection to mathematics and physics
- Manual and technical skills
- A high degree of initiative and self-organisation
Please note that speaking the german language is a basic requirement for an integrated degree program in our company.